I'm no expert when it comes to MM romances, but this series is awesome!
Wes Jensen just lost the sister who raised him, and gained custody of his niece. The last thing he needs to add to his full plate is dealing with Braden Roth, the one-night-stand who continues to try to push his way into Wes’ life. He has a kid to raise now, and Wes isn't great at getting close anyway.
Braden has never had a woman or a man sneak out on him the morning after. From the start, Wes intrigues him, and Braden isn't one to deny himself something he wants. And he wants Wes. The more time he spends with Wes and the little girl who constantly keeps them on their toes, the more Braden realizes this isn't just about getting the guy who walked away.
As their lives intertwine more and more, Wes discovers Braden isn't as shallow as he thought. But after everything Wes lost in his life, he isn't sure he can risk his heart, and truly want Braden to stay—and if he did, would Wes’ quiet life be enough for Braden?
I know you're bi, but don't forget who you're talking to. Don't try and flirt with me like you would a woman, because you're not going to get the same response."
- Wes is so hot. He's so everything good that even when he bugged me, with his dark and broody, not wanting to have any fun, I still loved him. So I was totally gone - gone - gone for him once he loosened up a little and started to enjoy himself.
- Braden. He was so used to getting his way, and so full of energy, and vitality, that you couldn't help but adore him. He was a total flake in a lot of ways, but when it mattered? Oh my God, he totally stepped up every. damn. time. to do the right thing, and I loved him so hard. He was also really sweet, and his insight into Wes was just perfect for what they both needed.
Drink coffee. Relax. Stop overthinking how fucking sweet I am.
- Jessie and pretty much all of Wes's family, and definitely all of Braden's family. I'm starting to realise how important peripheral characters are to me. Riley Hart did such an amazing job creating hers. And the stories Braden's mom and dad tell Wes?
Wes's hold on his shoulder loosened and Braden held his hand up, latching their fingers together. "Wow. They're trying to impress you for me. They're giving you my coming out story," he teased, and Wes's grip tightened again.
- And then, naturally, the super smokin' man on man sex. Still do not understand how this is so awesome to me!
- At one point, I was getting a little pissed off at Wes. He really really never put himself out there for anything. If it wasn't for his sister giving him Jessie, his life would have been empty forever. That's a bleak thought.
This story was sweet, sexy, hilarious, a bit heartbreaking at times, and overall just completely, utterly brilliant.