My first ever M/M romance novel, and OMG. Everything about this was gorgeous!
"In love, I mean. With you. For so long."
Where there’s smoke, there’s fire...
Since 9/11, Brooklyn firefighter Griff Muir has wrestled with impossible feelings for his best friend and partner at Ladder 181, Dante Anastagio. Unfortunately, Dante is strictly a ladies’ man, and the FDNY isn’t exactly gay-friendly. For ten years, Griff has hidden his heart in a half-life of public heroics and private anguish.
Griff’s caution and Dante’s cockiness make them an unbeatable team. To protect his buddy, there’s nothing Griff wouldn’t do… until a nearly bankrupt Dante proposes the worst possible solution: HotHead.com, a gay porn website where uniformed hunks get down and dirty. And Dante wants them to appear there—together. Griff may have to guard his heart and live out his darkest fantasies on camera. Can he rescue the man he loves without wrecking their careers, their families, or their friendship?
- First off, the basics: editing was excellent, writing was amazing, the story unfolded in a beautiful, slow burn, tension building way that made me fall in love with everything about our couple and their peoples.
- Dante. I go all in for a cocky, arrogant, swaggering ladies' man like this. Everything about him was fuckable sprinkles.
"Because I don't have a good time. I am a good time. Why the fuck else would I be here?"
- The hothead.com premise. Awesome! And so cunning.
- The banter. I love when I story feels organic, and like you can actually imagine this stuff happening to someone. I want to be friends with these guys. Ha, that's a lie - I want to be between these guys for a day. And their family! Loved all the Anastagios.
Dinners were always a tug-of-war between the requirement that everyone eat more than possible, and their duty to take home huge shopping bags filled with enough food for a week.
^^^ That's my house!!
- And my #1 reason for keeping this story forever in my heart: Griff. Holy shit, he is possibly the most amazing hero I've ever met, and I can't even make him my book boyfriend because I lack key pieces of equipment. Fuck it all.
Griff was so sweet, and so deep, and so loving, and heroic, and generous, and loyal. Also, of course he was a hot man-mountain so, yeah.
Please let someone come down and stop him while I can still say no.
Please don't let anyone come down here until I say yes.
Honestly, so many lines in this story squeezed my heart.
- And Beth! Not a main character, but she was a funny little fucker.
"And if you touch my shit again, I'm gonna kick your insides out and wear you as a party dress."
Just gonna put a gif here that I like, because I don't have anything else for this space.