He hasn’t been with a woman in five years.
She hasn’t been with a real man … until now.
I’ve had enough of the crap that goes along with living in the city. So, I packed for a weeklong vacation in the mountains. Isolation in a cabin for the next seven days sounds like a good way to recoup and get my life back in order. After getting lost while hiking, I stumble upon a cabin that has me questioning whether to ask for help, or if I should brave staying the night in the woods.
I left everything behind years ago after the woman I was with betrayed me. Now I work as a lumberjack and live my life as a recluse. Being celibate for the last five years says a lot about my self-control, but I’m a man and have needs, and not giving into what I really want is hard as hell. But I can’t let myself get close to anyone, not even for a few hours. Getting close is how I got screwed over before.
As soon as I see Vivian, I know I have to have her. It’s been forever since I’ve had a woman. Because of a storm rolling in, she’ll have to stay with me overnight. We could do a lot of filthy things in that time. I pride myself on my control, but when it comes to Vivian, I don’t know if I can keep my hands to myself.
I know I can’t.
I have needs, and it’s clear Vivian’s in need of a real man to help her unwind. I can certainly help her in that department.
Warning: If you’re looking for a sappy, pull-your-heartstring kind of book … this isn’t it. If you want a short and dirty story featuring an all-around alpha hero who hasn’t had a woman in years, and a heroine who’ll find out what it’s like to be with a real man ... this might be for you.
For me, this was the definition of just ok.
- The smut game was strong in this one. I mean, you expect that in an erotic novella, since the plot, character development and general story arc are limited.
- I'm not into the whole lumbersexual thing, but I can appreciate that the lumberjack character was hot.
- The writing was repetitive. I must have read the same phrases 3 or 4 times each in the hour it took to read this book. She was a fiend and he isolated himself and he had no phone and she was caged and his cock was 10 inches long and he hadn't been with a woman in 5 years. Ok. I get it. You can tell me once, and I'll retain it for the 60 minutes it takes me to finish the book. When the wordcount is this limited, I really don't see the point in tripling up on the same sentences repeatedly. Just get on with the smut.
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being shit and 10 being so-smart-it's-out-of-my-wheelhouse) this one was a shit. Stealing myself and there was probably a dozen women and I was done by 30%. Had I not known how quick I'd be finished, this would absolutely be a DNF.
- I'll be honest with you. I finished this book like 15 minutes ago, and I can't remember the characters names to save myself right now.
Virgin was the best of this series so far, and I'm on the fence about whether or not I'll read Experienced, the last book of the series. The jumpy PoVs and random use of present and past tense are getting a bit too much for my delicate sensibilities.