*Each book in the A Real Man series can be read on its own.*
He’s done being the bad boy … he’s ready to be a father.
I’m the bad boy; the one mothers warn their daughters about. But I’d never seen myself settling down, and at the time that had been fine with me. Then life, reality, whatever you wanted to call it, bitch slapped me right across the face, and I knew what I wanted.
At thirty-nine I was having a severe case of baby fever, and that meant convincing the one woman I’ve always wanted but knew was too good for me, to be mine and be the mother of my child.
I’ve always wanted Dex. It’s hard not to want a man like Dex. He’s all raw power and cut muscle. He’s the epitome of what a real man is, but he’s not a bastard about it.
But then he throws me a curve ball and says he wants me not only as his woman … but the mother of his child.
And I’ll be honest; it’s what I’ve always wanted.
The truth is Eva deserves better than me, but I’m too selfish, and I want her too badly to back away.
Nothing will stop me from making her mine … and putting my baby inside her.
Warning: This book is short and right to the point—like the kind of story that gives you whiplash. If you enjoy unbelievable plots, and insta-everything going on, you may enjoy this.
1 star for the hero, 1 star for the epilogue. Pass on everything else.
I can accept that if I read an erotic novella, I'm probably sacrificing a plot. No problem. I can accept that I need to put my judge-y-ness on delay when it comes to all the insta-emotions, and accept a book for it's dirty, uninhibited self. Can do. What I can't accept is shitty editing. It makes my insides cry.
- The clucky guy trope. I think guys who want a baby are hot, and when a character is actually hot on top of that, well colour me joyous.
- The smut was a turn on, most of the time. Ms Snow got pretty creative in this one, which I appreciated. By the by, Virgin had some pretty creative moments, too.
- The epilogue was teeth-tinglingly, ear-poppingly sugary sweet. Which I expected based on the warning note from the author, and in my switch-off mood I enjoyed it.
- The grammar errors drove me batshit. Typing those out will just be painful, so Imma just try move on.
- Hey, you know when you read the dirty portions of your books, and then something happens to make your stuff cringe? These did that.
...rubbing himself through my clit.
"... I need to shove my nine inches into you, Eva."
Had this book been longer, I would have DNF'd. As it was, this is only my second read by Ms Snow so I'm still going to fish out Lumberjack, and hope for the best.