My rating: 5 of 5 stars
AJ and Pax are undercover operatives for a government agency of bad-boy bikers known as the Wild Riders. While AJ is visiting Teresa, a high school sweetheart, a fight erupts in her bar between two biker gangs. One man is left dead and Teresa's brother is wrongly accused of murder. With no proof and Teresa as the only eyewitness, AJ, Pax, and Teresa point their Harleys toward the annual bike rally in South Dakota in hot pursuit of the real killer, and Teresa discovers a passion that brings both men to their knees.
Oooh, this was a goody!
- Jaci Burton made the M/M/F threesome smoking hot. Like, I don't get into that ordinarily, but I loved how JB made this a thing for her fourth book. It was fantastic.
- The character dynamics in this one were so deeply developed - I was all in for everything that unfolded in this story.
- This story is a beautiful balance of action, suspense, and romance, and (I'm going to sound like a broken record) the sizzle game is strong.
- I really enjoyed how JB built the relationship between AJ and Pax. Their bond was so strong, and I loved their loyalty to each other. I remember reading with trepidation the first time around, waiting for the moment when one of them betrayed the other, and I cannot even express how much I love Jaci Burton for not doing that to me.
- After learning more about her character, I have a super hard time believing Theresa would behave the way she does in her bar in the beginning. But it's a minor thing.
This totally ends Wild Riders on a high note. Loved it!
UPDATE: When I read this, it was book #4 and the end of the series. There are several new additions since then - novellas and updates to make up book #4 and #4.5. I didn't read either of them, but I've got them on my To Read list for when I have nothing better going on. Do I sound bored? Honestly - I don't like Novellas so the chances are high I'll always find something better to read.